Friday, April 23, 2010

Back to Baking

I just gave my boss my notice of resignation and it felt like a large weight was just lifted from my shoulders. I have a month left and I am ready for summer. I thought about some of the ventures that I would like to try or I had put aside for a time that I was not so busy. Working full time at a job I cannot stand anymore is no way to live. I can survive just fine, but I need to actually live now. My list of tasks that I want to tackle are to focus on my sons' education, learning to sew, and baking better bread.

My husband and I usually purchase our bread from a bakery that bakes gluten-free bread with a label that states that it was in fact produced in a facility that also makes wheat bread. Is my husband really eating bread that is gluten-free? He is also just limited to brown rice bread. No hamburgers. No Hot Dogs. No Bagels or English muffins. Many of these places have sweets, but they taste, well Gluten-Free.

I usually make our own sweet treats, but I would like to offer him different alternatives for bread that is not only full of grains besides rice, but are also tasty. Now I have that chance at least for the summer. The only thing I cannot figure out is how am I going to make a hot dog bun?

Menu for the Week
Saturday 4/24- Girls Night GF Polenta Pizza, Puff Pastry Pizza, and Italian Nachos (Contains Gluten)
Sunday 4/25 Green Chile Cheese Burgers, with homemade GF buns, oven-fried onion rings
Monday 4/26 Tuna Salad Sandwiches w/sliced Fresh cucumbers and carrots
Tuesday 4/27 Grilled Rosemary/Garlic rubbed pork chops, butternut squash risotto, romaine and arugula salad
Wednesday 4/28 Leftovers, I hope. Plan B Chopped steak w/gravy on toast, Broccolette or another Salad
Thursday 4/29 Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes & Cream Gravy, Steamed Peas and Carrots
Friday 4/30 Dinner Out or Leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment